Tuesday, April 8, 2008

mobile studio

i am branching out and dipping my toes into studio photography. don't worry. i'm not going to get away from my outdoor portraits. that area has my heart in a major way. there is no background more beautiful than the one God gave to us in His creation. but there are times that a little extra light can be a huge help. you may even see me dragging my softbox and stand to the beach! the whole set-up is portable--no outlets needed. you just have to give me ten minutes to get it set up (and another ten to tear it down).

so, i picked up some fabric from gdc the other day. i've always loved this fabric, but a seamstress i am not. i've always wondered how i could use it, because i think it's too "big" to use for clothing (or else i'd send it to the friend who makes customs for addie). with the help of my softbox, i now have the perfect use. it makes a gorgeous backdrop for studio-style portraits. now, i know it isn't for everyone, but i love it. i also have a gorgeous brown and gold muslin backdrop coming too. as if my lens addiction wasn't enough, now i'm going to be addicted to collecting backdrops!

what do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Emily. We have material real similar and love it. It's the craze of photographers! Enjoy and congrats on the progression into studio photography. Julie Alford