Thursday, December 20, 2007

happy birthday, beautiful dreamer


i cannot believe you're six. how is that even possible? it seems just a short time ago, i was holding you in my arms on the night you were born. it was that night that i first sang to you "beautiful dreamer." and now, you're six. where has the time gone?

i am so proud of you. you started kindergarten this year and are a wonderful student. my normally talkative girl is obedient and quiet in class. you are so eager to learn and i have loved watching your knowledge grow these past few months.

you have gone through many new things this past year. you've lost two of your teeth. and you've started riding horses, which is so fun for me to watch little you controlling those big horses. you've discovered webkinz and american girl. you've developed your own sense of style and it suits you. you've grown several more inches. and this year, your feet actually grew more than a half size too!

you are such a joy to be around. you make me laugh every day with your silly songs and stories, your sunny personality and your goofy nature. i love listening to the poems and songs you make up. i love listening to you mother your stuffed animals.

i love how much you love. you are a good friend and genuinely love other people (sometimes, your brother, not so much). you may not be an overly affectionate girl, but i know that you love. and you try so hard too, even when some things are not in your nature.

thank you for being my muse. thank you for always going along with me and my camera, even when i don't have a bribe, and even when you just don't feel like it.

thank you for being you. i adore you. my little monkey.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Addie from your friend Kendra in Ohio...I hope you had a wonderful 6th birthday! Tell your mom, dad and brother I said hello!!!